Saturday, November 13, 2010

You have got to have a Support System!

Om Kriya Babaji Namah Aum!

Hey Soul-Starr's,
It's been a little while since I had posted anything on my yoga blog.  I had not been faithful to my daily practice and so that contributed to my delinquency!  Sorry bout that!

I think that a post about not being faithful to your yoga practice is something that worth talking about though don't you?

Keeping a regularly scheduled yoga time can be hard.  It just is.  Work, School, Life!

Excuses huh? Well, they're good excuses. How long has it been since you been to Wednesday night prayer meeting? Huh?

How long has it been since you got on the treadmill, spin bike or used the core ball while watching your Tai Bo video?

Huh? Yeah, Huh indeed. (Laughter)

How many outfits fit on the treadmill? (Laughter)

Having a support system is great and everyone needs one.  My Wife, Mrs. Jaycee supported my interests in yoga and tai chi although she did not start a practice of her own.  She purchased my first yoga mat for me.

I would go to my Sunday Kriya Yoga class with George and come home.  Months later she kicked me out the house, one Sunday morning, cause she needed some alone time, but two cause she said that whenever I returned from Yoga I looked and acted so relaxed.  I stormed out the house that morning, irritated at the "Wife" but when I arrived at class, she called the Shades of Afrika to confirmed that I had indeed gone.

Support System!

She came to my Kriya Yoga class a couple of times, as did my daughter but it wasn't their cup of tea.  Well, my class at the Shades was on hiatus for a couple of months and in that time I took a yoga class at the local college. Four days a week, three hours a day. I gave up eating meat and drinking sodas.  I got in better shape, met some cool people and found a compliment yoga style to add to my Kriya home discipline. 

Then, I read about a class being held on the beach.  I went and my Wife came with me.  She enjoyed sitting out on the grass in the ocean breeze.  It reduced her stress.  Next she borrowed one of my mats. The next week against her protests I purchased one for her.  Yeah, I got her her own mat!

Now, she has a yoga practice of her own. She chants sometimes, and we practice breathing together. This motivates me! We are each others support system! Also now, we have two other buddies we come with us too. The four of us are practicing yoga.  Each person has their own reasons and their own journey but we are all connected.

Om Shanti Baby!

BE Prayerful! BE Mindful! BE Careful!
Jaycee

No comments: