Friday, July 23, 2010

Try different styles

Om Kriya Babaji Namah Aum!

My regular Kriya Yoga class with George is on haitus while the Shades of Afrika does improvements to the shop but I am taking a Vinyasa Flow Yoga class at the local community college. It's four days a week and it's intense! I sweat buckets! (TMI)

I think everyone should try out different styles of yoga. My Daughter, (Junior) didn't like Kriya Yoga. She's an athlete, (track and basketball) and prefers an intense workout with lots of cardio. She believed that all yoga was the same. I enjoyed her surprised look when I told her about my Vinyasa class. She may grow to appreciate a slower, more refined style of yoga as she grows up and older.

Yoga is subtle, it is intense, it is explosive all at the same time! What yoga is not is one size fits all. All yoga styles are not the same and every person has to find what is right for them. That's the big trick! This requires effort, time, and patience. I know, patience, something I certainly don't have a lot of. (Smile)

Om Shanti Shanti Shanti Shalom Satnam Sadhu Tao Em Aum Spirit Swami Kami Amen Aumen Amin SELAH Aum! (Peace)

BE Prayerful! BE Mindful! BE Careful!
Jaycee

No comments: